A few things can be causing minor issues when installing a SCOPIA Desktop client on a PC. These issues can represent itself by not downloading the Installation Manager or the Client Installer at all, never finish installing or installing but never able to join properly - for example only an empty, gray client window shows up followed by an error message.
Try checking for these things:
- Disable the use of any proxy servers
- Add the used SCOPIA Desktop URL (such as http://join.ucanytime.com) to the trusted sites list in Microsoft Internet Explorer under:
Internet Options - Security - Trusted Sites - Sites
- Use Internet Explorer or Chrome browsers as some older Firefox versions were blocking the plugin unless whitelisted (see this FAQ article) - Update: issue should be resolved with latest Firefox versions.
- Try uninstalling the client first (if listed under programs) and download the Scopia Desktop Client Installer from here:
If not successful, try running it with admin privileges (right click the ClientInst.exe file and select "run as admin").
- When using a personal firewall, but more particular Symantec EP protection, try adding exceptions for these files:
NOTE: Check exact path for your system prior to adding exceptions, as it might change depending on installed software version
If needed, here are the direct download links for the Software:
- Client Installer (MUST)
- Avaya Web Collaboration Client (option)
- Outlook Add-in (option)